Unleash your creativity through versatile DIY printmaking techniques. In this exciting workshop, you will explore monotype printing, trace prints, paper alterations, rubbings, and alternative relief techniques. Approaches will range from printing found objects, from one’s home or immediate surroundings, to direct transfer prints. Discover the many ways printmaking intersects with other creative practices by combining these printmaking approaches with drawing or photography. By the end of the program, you will have developed unique prints for your portfolio.
CETP 223 SU01
July 20-23, 2020 | Mon - Thur | 9am – 12pm
$254 | 4 sessions
Due to the online nature of the programs this year, students participating in the DIY Printmaking intensive will need to have their own access to the hardware and materials required for the course. Students can expect to spend $55-$65 in supplies. The complete list of supplies will be provided upon request and at the time of registration.
Registration deadline: Thursday, July 17
Through successful completion of this studio, you will be able to:
- Apply image composition, manipulation and layering techniques to monochromatic and multi-color prints
- Develop experimentation and problem-solving capabilities
- Enhance printed objects by altering them with everyday media
- Incorporate multiple techniques into a single print
- Develop an understanding of how printmaking intersects with other creative practices
- Assess the work of peers and of established artists critically
About the instructor
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org