Learn how to hand-weave your own tapestry on a frame loom. This hands-on workshop will introduce you to the art of woven tapestry. You will learn fundamental weaving techniques, from selecting the materials to building a frame loom, and creating woven designs. You will explore various techniques of plain weave, slit tapestry, hatching, shape-building, and knotting, as well as finishing techniques. By the end of the program, you will have developed an awareness of the creative potential of tapestry and textile arts.
CETP 228 SU01
July 27-30, 2020 | Mon - Thur | 9am – 12pm
$254 | 4 sessions
Due to the online nature of the programs this year, students participating in the Tapestry Weaving intensive will need to have their own access to the hardware and materials required for the course. Students can expect to spend $50-$60 in supplies. The complete list of supplies will be provided upon request and at the time of registration.
Registration deadline: Friday, July 24
Through successful completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the different elements and processes in frame loom tapestry weaving
- Apply fundamental shape-building and colour-blending techniques
- Employ a variety of methods toward idea development, design illustration and weaving
- Demonstrate an understanding of the creative potential of tapestry
- Engage in critique processes constructively and collaboratively
About the instructor
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
For more information please contact email@example.com.