Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Be accessible to students through office hours and appointments;
- Know curricular requirements for degree programs;
- Assist students in discerning their educational goals, including discussion of choice of major and/or minor;
- Assess students’ needs and make appropriate referrals to services;
- Monitor student progress and discuss concerns, including intervention during the current semester;
- Interpret and implement Emily Carr policies and procedures;
- Affirm that students are ultimately responsible for their own decisions and the outcomes of those decisions.
- Approach the advising process with informed questions and adequate preparation;
- Proactively use the resources provided by Emily Carr;
- Regularly check their academic records and maintain current contact information through myEC;
- Activate and regularly check their university e-mail;
- Be aware of their program and degree requirements and projected date of graduation;
- Be aware of posted registration deadlines (add, drop, withdraw, and refund) and complete all registration activities within these deadlines;
- Meet as needed with an advisor during posted office hours or by appointment;
- Be respectful when communicating with others at the university.