Majors + Minors


500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

At this time, Emily Carr does not permit students to graduate with a double major.

The links below will take you to a description of the major. You will also find program requirement worksheets that outline the course requirements for that degree.

Bachelor of Design

Bachelor of Fine Arts

Bachelor of Media Arts


In addition to your major, you are also able to graduate from Emily Carr with a minor. We currently have the following minors which are available only to students enrolled in an Emily Carr undergraduate program:

  • Art + Text minor
  • Curatorial Practices minor
  • Social Practice and Community Engagement (SPACE) minor

If you have fulfilled the requirements needed for one of these minors, you would graduate with your degree, your major and your minor. An example would be the completion of a Bachelor of Fine Arts with a major in Photography and a minor in Social Practice and Community Engagement.

Students may declare a minor following completion of their second year by submitting a Declaration of a Minor form, available from the Student Services Forms page.

Information on the different minors is available here.